[Wine]How do I launch a dos/windows program through wine

Andy Allen andy.allen at virgin.net
Thu Mar 17 11:50:07 CST 2005

Hi Alan,
I think you need to call the .exe file from a shell script which goes in
your bin directory - the script should be of the form:

#!/bin/bash
. findwine
$WINE "c:\\some_directory\\another_directory\\program_name.exe" $@
&>/dev/null &

You can then run the script from the command line (or Nautilus) - hope
that helps.

Andy