[Wine]How do I launch a dos/windows program through wine

Hiji hijinio at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 17 12:32:06 CST 2005

Hi Andy,

I think that's overcomplicating things a bit
(especially for someone new to Wine & possibly Linux.)
;)

The easiest/ simplest thing to do is (from command
line and where c: is the fake windows drive):
> wine "c:\fileToLaunch.exe"

On the Linux desktop, using that line above in
creating a Launcher will suffice.  No scripting
required!

Hiji

--- Andy Allen <andy.allen at virgin.net> wrote:
> Hi Alan,
> I think you need to call the .exe file from a shell
> script which goes in
> your bin directory - the script should be of the
> form:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> . findwine
> $WINE

"c:\\some_directory\\another_directory\\program_name.exe"