[Wine]Re: Step-by-step guide for PowerPoint under wine?

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Fri Mar 18 03:02:36 CST 2005

Am Do, Mär 17, 2005 at 08:59:30 +0100 schrieb Peter Wahl:
> I believe I know now why the download didn't work:
> Inside our company, we use a central script to
> determine the proxy setting (something in the form of
> 'http://dusx/dusx.dat'). Konquerer, which is the
> browser used by winetools, doesn't work with this
> setting (firefox does), and so the download doesn't
> work ???

Hallo Peter,

why don't you just do what I told you? It has nothing to do with
Konqueror, because WineTools does not use it for the downloads. It has
something to do with your proxy settings as I told you:

> > Interesting, so you need to set a proxy for downloading? So why
> > don't you tell this your Linux? You have to set a variable named
> > http_proxy and ftp_proxy to your proxy. In many distributions this
> > is done in a scipt under /etc/profile.d/proxy.sh
> >
> > On my system it is
> >
> > export http_proxy=http://localhost:3128 export
> > ftp_proxy=http://localhost:3128
> >
> > because I have the proxy on the system itself (localhost). If you
> > login again after doing this you should sees the variable with
> >
> > echo $http_proy
> >
> > WineTools will notice that.

Try to understand what I am tellig you and do it, then WineTools and
all your other programs using the internet, like Konqueror, will notice
these system wide changes.

Regards
	Joachim von Thadden
          Never run a touchy system!!!"