[Wine]wine printing using CUPS

wineuser wine at nightmail.de
Fri Mar 18 05:08:23 CST 2005

wine at spaantje.xs4all.nl schrieb:

> I'm trying to get my Epson Stylus Color 600 to work with a windows app
> using wine.
> My distr (SuSE 9.2) uses CUPS and works fine, but i can't get it to
> work in wine.
> The manual is not really helping me out.
>
> When i try to print i get :
> fixme:commdlg:PRINTDLG_OpenDefaultPrinter Could not open printer
> styluscolor600?!
> err:psdrv:PSDRV_FindPrinterInfo OpenPrinterA failed with code 1801
>
> Can someone help me out ?
>
> Frank.

I had the same problem using my printer in MS Access. I solved it adding
some entries in my wine registry (using regedit) and the win.ini in the
fake_windows directory, like described in this tutorial:
http://www.la-sorciere.de/Wine-HOWTO/wineprintconfig.html, in the part
"Printing with the Internal Postscript Driver in Wine". Seems the
tutorial isn't really up to date because I had to use
[ppd]
"generic" = "/usr/local/share/wine/generic.ppd"
instead of [psdrv] ..., and I didn't need the entries for the afm-files.