[Wine]TmMidity

Andrew Neil Ramage nrsc16850 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Mar 18 13:01:39 CST 2005

In trying to get NoteWorthy Composer working on my box (Mandrake 10.0,
Gnome 2.4) I found a webboard for NWC under Linux (on wine).  Following
advice, I downloaded and compiled TiMidity.  Unfortunately, when I try
to follow the instructions given on the board, I get the following result

[andrew at localhost rosegarden-4-1.0]$ su
Password:
[root at localhost rosegarden-4-1.0]# modprobe snd_emu10k1_synth
[root at localhost rosegarden-4-1.0]# timidity -iA -A170 -B3,10 -Os
-EFreverb=0 &
[1] 31301
[root at localhost rosegarden-4-1.0]#
/usr/local/share/timidity/timidity.cfg: No such file or directory
Interface `A' is not compiled in.
timidity: Can't read any configuration file.
Please check /usr/local/share/timidity/timidity.cfg

[1]+  Exit 1                  timidity -iA -A170 -B3,10 -Os -EFreverb=0

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong ?
--

Andrew

[hackcoughsniffle]
Internal Virus Database corrupt