[Wine]Installation of Finale 2004 failed

Mikhail Ramendik mr at ramendik.ru
Sun Mar 20 12:56:30 CST 2005

Hello,

I am using wine 20050310, on a (heavily updated) rh9 system. Wine was
installed from RPM; no alterations of /etc/wine/config were done, except a
change of default fonts to the Russian-enabled versions and an addition of
the directory where Windows Core TTF fonts reside.

I tried to install Finale 2004 by rinning its setup program:

$ wine "e:\finale 2004\finale2004.exe"

The install went through nearly to the end, but then Wine exited. Th eterminal
window contains the following messages:

err:menubuilder:extract_icon32 LoadLibraryExW (L"C:\\Program Files\\Finale
2004\\Read Me 2004.rtf") failed, error 193
err:menubuilder:InvokeShellLinker failed to fork and exec wineshelllink
err:menubuilder:extract_icon32 LoadLibraryExW (L"?\\QuickStart Video
Tips.exe") failed, error 126
err:menubuilder:InvokeShellLinker failed to fork and exec wineshelllink
err:menubuilder:extract_icon32 LoadLibraryExW (L"C:\\Program Files\\Finale
2004\\User Manual\\FinTOC.pdf") failed, error 193
err:menubuilder:InvokeShellLinker failed to fork and exec wineshelllink

The Finale directory is present in "Program files", but here's what I get when
trying to run it:

--[misha at ramendik Finale 2004]$ wine "c:\program files\finale 2004\finale.exe"
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP60.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\program
files\\finale 2004\\finale.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\program
files\\finale 2004\\finale.exe" failed, status c0000135

What should I do to get Finale to run?

I can find the mentioned DLL, but where shopld I put it? And perhaps there's a
way to get through the installation in a more correct way?

Yours, Mikhail Ramendik