[Wine]Trying to make a program work

Tien Lee (Linux) tl47 at cornell.edu
Mon Mar 21 09:33:01 CST 2005

Have you checked that the camera is supported by gphoto? You probably need to
transfer your photos from Kamera/gphoto or the likes. The native programs on
Linux works very well, and supports most cameras in the market. I doubt you
will be able to get the Nikon "drivers" to work under Linux, WINE or
otherwise. Finally, many cameras now can be plugged into the USB and appear
as a normal drive. I believe Fedora Core 3 supports hotplug and will
automatically mount the drive for you as well... in that case. You can just
copy your movies/photos from your camera and edit them with GIMP or Photoshop
(via WINE).

Telling us which model of camera might help too.

Tien.