[Wine]winetools (and x86_64) problems

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Wed Mar 23 06:35:03 CST 2005

Am Mi, Mär 23, 2005 at 10:17:12 +0100 schrieb T.J. Zeeman:
> winetools 2.1.1 (installed from wine.sf.net deb recently) has a few
> missing double quotes on line 2568. Here's the diff:

As this is an integer comparison the quotes are not needed.

> Unfortunately I still didn't get winetools to work for me.
> It detects wine (also from wine.sf.net as .deb; ATM version 20050310)
> and starts the dialog, but even if I wait 20-30 minutes after clicking
> on Base Setup nothing happened beyond printing that I chose 'Base
> setup'.
> Running it from a xterm revealed winetools is VERY picky about its
> locale. I had it set to en_US.utf8 which did not work. Setting LC_CTYPE

I tried this and on my system it works. Could be a problem with the new
i18n and gettext.

> to C got me into the Base Setup. There I found two other problems:
>
> Arial is no longer downloadable from umn.dl.sourceforge.net (I got it
> from kent.dl.sourceforge.net).

This is a known issue for all fonts. Use
http://mesh.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/corefonts/${fontname} and
place the files to ~/winetools/fonts.

> Dcom98 is uninstallable on x86_64. Find attached a screenshot with the
> backtrace from winedbg (stupid xterm didn't allow copy-n-paste).

Could be. From the Readme:

To use WineTools with AMD64 distributions you might have to call wt2 the
following way: linux32 /usr/local/bin/wt2

Does this help?

Regards
	Joachim von Thadden
          Never run a touchy system!!!"