[Wine]Re: Program Crashes on Startup

Ryan May rmay at ROSSBY.METR.ou.edu
Thu Mar 24 10:26:41 CST 2005

Rein Klazes wrote:

> OK, I did not realize that it happens that early ( I get the main window
> here ).
>
> Your trace begins with the program looking for a file
> "WeatherScopePrefs.xml". Here it finds that file in
> "C:\Windows\Application Data\", this path is found in the registry
> value:
> HKCU\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Explorer\\Shell
> Folders\\AppData.

Ok, adding this key fixes the problem, and allows me to get the main
window.  Off a fresh install of wine 20050310, I don't have this key,
nor is it present after installing WeatherScope.  Why do you have this
key and I don't?

Now that I have a windows, I can see a whole slew of issues with the
program, and I'll start running them down.  Should this start a separate
thread?

Thanks for your help,

Ryan

--