[Wine]Can I run windows console (command line) applications using WINE

Joe Vinod isb.graduate at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 18:55:46 CST 2005

Hi

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 16:36:00 -0800 (PST), Hiji <hijinio at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > 1.  Can I run console/command line applications
> > also?
> > Yes
> > > 2.  If yes, a how can a shell script running on
> > Linux invoke the
> > > console/command line application. (A sample would
> > be great)
> > Just the same way as a UI app;
> > wine hellow.exe
>
> Are you sure about this?  I was also wondering about
> this, but I haven't found a way to pass arguments.
> While somethings like "wine program.exe" will run an
> EXE application, I haven't been able to run
> command-based apps with parameters.  For example,
> "wine command.exe fileToProcess.txt" won't work.

Use full path.

You may  pass  arguments  to  the program being executed by adding
them to the end of the command line invoking wine (such as: wine
notepad C:\\TEMP\\README.TXT)

 Note that you need to '\' escape special characters (and spaces) when
invoking Wine via a shell. If wine should run the program myapp.exe
with the arguments --(2 gyphons)display  3d  somefile  ,  then  you
could use the following command line to invoke wine:

       wine --dll riched32=n -- myapp.exe --display 3d somefile

Check the man pages for more details.....

Greetings

Joe
Joseph Vinod