[Wine]Re: Unusual characters in IE6

Alban Browaeys browaeys.alban at wanadoo.fr
Wed Mar 30 02:58:46 CST 2005

Le Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:59:07 +0200, Dotan Cohen a écrit :

> Hi all- I am very happy to say that I have successfully installed wine
> and winetools. The only problem is, that when I try to type in hebrew
> in IE, all the characters come out as a kuf- that is the letter that
> shares a key with 'E' on the keyboard. English typing works fine. Has
> anyone seen something like this before? According to google, no. Does
> anyone know what causes this?

i woudl say your wine keyboard configuration is broken . Though i don't
know how wine fix a keyboard (only that it is a file in the wine source
and you need to hack it).
I have seen a patch for another keyboard and the problem was the array of
letter was wrong. Maybe you could fix it this way too (fixing the key map).

Cheers
Alban