[Wine]Re: Re: Print from wine

Alban Browaeys browaeys.alban at wanadoo.fr
Wed Mar 30 03:02:37 CST 2005

Le Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:53:09 +0200, Frank Spaan a écrit :

> If you use cups you must find a .ppd file for your printer.
> I just googled around.
> Put the file in for example /usr/lib/wine, and make this entry in the
> config file :
>
> [ppd]
> "generic" = "/usr/lib/wine/ps1.ppd"
>
> In this case you must rename your .ppd file ps1.ppd

Thank a lot for me too . I did not knew that !

However on debian sarge , the ppd are created on the fly while
configuration is done and should be in /etc/cups/ppd
If not (i am not used to the web interface configuration process), all the
available ppd are in /usr/share/cups/model (or could be generated from the
linuxprinting.org site, a few non free one are downloadable there too).

As simple ln -s /etc/cups/pp/your_print.ppd /usr/lib/wine/ps1.ppd should
be enough.

Cheers
Alban