[Wine]Unusual characters in IE6

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 12:14:35 CST 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:35:02 +0200, Joachim von Thadden <thadden at web.de> wrote:
> Am Di, Mär 29, 2005 at 11:59:07 +0200 schrieb Dotan Cohen:
> > Hi all- I am very happy to say that I have successfully installed wine
> > and winetools. The only problem is, that when I try to type in hebrew
> > in IE, all the characters come out as a kuf- that is the letter that
> > shares a key with 'E' on the keyboard. English typing works fine. Has
> > anyone seen something like this before? According to google, no. Does
> > anyone know what causes this?
>
> I think you might need a Hebrew font for displaying these characters.
> Try to figure this out on a Windows box and copy the identified font to
> c:\windows\fonts. If it's a downloadable font, then send me the URL for
> integration into WineTools.
>
> Regards
>         Joachim von Thadden
> --
> "Never touch a running system! Never run a touching system?
>           Never run a touchy system!!!"

I think that this is not a font problem- the letter we are seeing IS a
hebrew letter, it is just the same letter for all keys on the
keyboard! Also, the hebrew webpages display fine.

Could it be anything else? Thank you very much, Joachim, for your
wonderful winetools, and for your dedication to helping us to use it!

Dotan Cohen
http://MusicLiriks.com/
http://Song-Lirics.com/