[Wine]wine-20050419 crashes warcraft 3

Anish Mistry mistry.7 at osu.edu
Sun May 1 22:51:07 CDT 2005

On Sunday 01 May 2005 03:22 pm, Sebastien Fievet wrote:
> On Sun, 01 May 2005 12:54:53 -0500
>
> wart at ou.edu wrote:
> > You need to make sure you moved or renamed the movies directory,
> > because they won't play in wine.. i.e. the initial movie that
> > tries to play will crash it..
>
> I did that too : i added a key in the registry that avoids
> renaming/moving the movies directory :
>  [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft
> III\Misc] "seenintromovie"=dword:00000001
>
> I really don't know what else to try...

If you are getting into a hard lock (numlock doesn't work and can't
ssh in) and have to reboot you may have an issue with your OS or
hardware.  I had Warcraft 3 running all night Friday for a LAN party
and didn't have any crashes or trouble on the FreeBSD system (Nvidia
geforce 2 MX 1.0-7174 driver).  I'm not sure how linux debugging is
done, but you might want to hook up a serial console or the like to
see if any console message are produced.
Does the April version of wine cause a crash too?

--
Anish Mistry