[Wine]Re: problems installing wine

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Mon May 2 09:07:28 CDT 2005

Am Mon, May 02, 2005 at 09:05:06AM +0200 schrieb Emmanuel Charpentier:
> I have seen the very same problem with Wine tools and the 20050419
> release of wine as packaged in Debian, running on top of Debian sid. I
> did not (yet) try to install a native riched.dll...

I made a fix for that for the next WineTools so that you can install IE6
with it. But I can not recommend 20050419 at the moment. During my short
tests I found out that

- WinWord has a massive problem with refreshing the screen that makes it
  nearly unusable and
- WinWord complains with every single start that it has to register some
  components to finish the setup

Regards
	Joachim von Thadden
          Never run a touchy system!!!"