[Wine]How do I really handle multiple versions of Wine

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue May 3 10:41:47 CDT 2005

   Is the answer WINEPREFIX somehow? If so, how do I use it correctly?

   We're back into debugging problems with the Jack driver for wine.
I'd really like to run multiple versions of Wine for a few days. A
while back I remember someone here mentioning that he liked to use
links to do this. That's fine (I suppose) for the .wine directory. I
could have .wine-20040505, .wine-20041019, etc., and the make a single
link to the one I want to run. However how do I handle the /usr/bin
stuff? It seems that there's too many files there to handle with

   What's the most effective way to handle this and not make mistakes?