[Wine]OED2 CDROM only displays small caps font

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Tue May 3 14:07:02 CDT 2005

Am Di, Mai 03, 2005 at 10:34:46 +0100 schrieb Mike Calder:
> On Monday 02 May 2005 17:00, Joachim von Thadden wrote:
> > Am Mon, May 02, 2005 at 02:13:28PM +0100 schrieb Mike Calder:
> > > I've updated Wine to the most recent version (20050419) and the behaviour
> > > is the same.  I've run winetools and done all the standard setup stuff,
> > > and that hasn't helped either.
> >
> > Very easy: Downgrade to the version you used before, when all fonts
> > have been displayed correctly.
> >
> > Regards
> > 	Joachim von Thadden
>
> Hmm.
>
> I suspect that my problem is one of these interaction things;  OS:Installation
> details:Wine code:Wine Installation:application.
>
> Just reverting the Wine code is unlikely to hack it.
>
> I either need someone knowledgeable to say YYGT(Yes, You Get That) and give me
> a hint as to what is probably going on with the font handling and what
> directions may be useful to investigate, or someone knowledgeable to say yes
> that's probably a bug I should report.

If this is what you think, then you have to provide a lot more
informations. For every interacting position you mentioned you have to
tell what you changed.

> I prefer going forwards to going back.

This sounds always nice but in case of Wine going to a previous version
is sometimes a step forward! Wine is work in progress and between
versions many things may get broken or are in testing. To name it you
will have no luck with WinWord with 20050419 as there are redrawing
issues that make it nearly unusable. Other programs show similar
problems. With the version 20050310 you will not have these issues.

Also font problems are very typical to remain in some versions. And
note that solving an issue with one version by configuring something
does not mean that the next version will work with that approach.

By the way: Crossover Office is always more than half a year behind the
actual source tree. Like me with the WineTools they prefer to identify
the most stable release and use this as a basis until there is another
promising release. But they have an advantage over me: They actually
make the source so they know when something is experimental and when it
is supposed to be stable;-)

Regards
	Joachim von Thadden
          Never run a touchy system!!!"