[Wine]Re: WeatherScope Color-Choosing Issues

Ryan May rmay at ROSSBY.METR.ou.edu
Thu May 5 17:24:26 CDT 2005

Rein Klazes wrote:
> On Mon, 02 May 2005 11:27:16 -0500, in gmane.comp.emulators.wine.user
> you wrote:
>>Under wine, however, these boxes are
>>elongated horizontally, the refresh of the widget as you move the mouse
>>is not performed correctly, the boxes are not highlighted correctly
>>based on the mouse position, and the correct color is not selected when
>>you click the mouse.  It appears that the color that is selected when
>>you click the mouse is correct for the position of the mouse, but does
>>not match the color that is displayed in that region.  This is
>>corroborated by the fact that it appears that the mouse highlight tries
>>to lock on to regions between two of the displayed boxes.  I think the
>>drawing of the boxes and the mouse highlight simply have the incorrect
>>size, nothing more than that.  I've attached screenshots of the basic
>>widget under WindowsXP and Wine-20050419.
> Thanks for the report. Here is a fix for the selection problem. Fixing
> the elongation of the square boxes will require lot more work.
> FYI: this color picker is actually a popup-menu with ownerdrawn menu
> items. The programmers are making a couple of assumptions that may be
> true on some Windows version but not on Wine. For example they set the
> width of the menu items to something negative to get an exact square
> selection box. Wine will have to be pixel perfect to get that right as
> well.
> Rein.

Thanks a lot for the patch.  It makes things work great.  I'm not really
concerned with the elongated nature now that I can actually use it.  The
only other issue I notice with it is that the left side does not leave a
border like the right side does; there is no gap between the left edge
of the widget and the first column of color boxes, but that's truly
cosmetic to me.  I thought I'd point it out since it just might be
another small glitch in wine.  Are you submitting this for CVS inclusion?

Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant
School of Meteorology
University of Oklahoma