[Wine]Re: Access 97 on Wine 20041019

jurgen thinger at gmail.com
Thu May 5 20:51:27 CDT 2005

Hi,

Thanks everyone for your help so far, but it's still not going anywhere.

I found the Workgroup editor thing: c:\windows\system\wrkgadm.exe and ran
it, set up a workgroup. However, when it went to save the file, I got a
useful Microsoft error: "An error has occurred at changing workgroup
database". The file was not created. It's not a permissions error, because I
can create all kinds of files in that directory. I even tried saving the
file someplace else, even in the H: (~jurgen) directory, but I always get
the same error. Wine doesn't report anything at all on the command line.

Taking a different angle, using a system.mda from another computer,
wrkgadm.exe seems to accept it, but running Access gives me an out of memory
error.

What else can I try? I have a legal copy of Win98SE here, and I'm not averse
to running "real" Microsoft DLLs if it will get Access working.

Thanks,

........jurgen

thinger at gmail.com is jurgen's gmail address.
Visit http://jurgen.ca/ for more yummy goodness.