[Wine]Installation

Walt Ogburn reuben at ugcs.caltech.edu
Mon May 9 13:38:14 CDT 2005

There are a few different possibilities.  Do you have a Windows partition
that you're trying to use?  This is possible, but the general
recommendation is to install applications separately under wine.  If you
have a windows executable, say "setup.exe," you could:

* open up a terminal window, cd to the right directory, and type

	wine setup.exe

* open a file browser like Konqueror, click on setup.exe, and in the "Open
with..." dialog type "wine."

As you install programs under Wine, you should automatically get a "Wine"
entry in your applications menu.  This works like the MS Windows Start
menu, if you're used to that.  Take a look in your application menu and
see if there's a Wine entry there.

If you want to use an existing Windows partition, you have to do some more
work.  There are instructions at

http://www.winehq.org/docs/wine-user.html#CONFIG-DRIVE-MAIN

- Walter