[Wine]many newbie questions

Stefan Munz stefan.munz at itomig.de
Fri May 13 07:53:14 CDT 2005

Hi xeebee,

> I tried many wines versions. First I tried the latest wine but no config
> with it. I tried given config or winetools. But winetools asks me
> gettext.sh like in debian (but I am not debian). So I try to use gettext.sh
> for this debian but still doesn't work, don't find this file. I put it in
> winetools directory. It is said to put it in your path, is the path in
> ~/.wine ?

I think you should add the path to gettext.sh to your $PATH env variable.
(usually you can put it in ~/bin/, which already should be in your users
$PATH)

> To summarize I try to understand how wine works and it's coming. I already
> watched wine-user guide, wine wiki and an old tutorial on lea-linux but not
> many to help for a simple start.  Are there more help, tutorial or howto ,
> examples config available, etc?

take a look at:
http://winehq.org/site/docs/wine-user/index

especially the section on drives and dll configuration might be interesting.

cu,

Stefan