[Wine]Installing Wine in FC2-Athlon

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sat May 14 10:00:24 CDT 2005

On 5/14/05, christian aguillo <ccaguillo at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Friends,
>
> I have a problem with my Wine Installation in
> FC2-Athlon.
>
> I was following the PDF File - Configuring Wine
> Chapter 5 and it says that the "config" file is in
> ~/.wine/config.
>
> I can find the "config" file in the /etc/wine/config.
> Can you enlighten me on this?

Yes, this is an instructions mess more than a programming problem. Frustrating.

Wine no longer 'requires' a config file, but as a user you will not be
able to do much configuration of wine without a config file, so we're
left to create a config file more or less from whole cloth. (Well, not
really, but I'm ranting a bit...) ;-)

If you installed from source there is a config file example in the
Documentation directory. You can copy this file to the .wine directory
and start modifying from there. If you installed from an RPM then I
don't know where the file might be. Possibly in your global /usr/share
directory somewhere. updatedb/slocate config should get you close.

Good luck,
Mark