[Wine]Navigating to the upper floor of the /Home directory using Wine.

Robert Yu bobbyyu3 at gmail.com
Thu May 19 20:09:26 CDT 2005

Hello, Anne...

"That's how it works-- Windows programs now consider your /home folder to
be the D:\ drive, because that's what your symlink told Wine to tell the
Windows programs (that d: is a symbol representing ~/ to Linux and D:\
to Windows)"

Can you make Symlick names other than lone alphabets? Can I call my
Resumes/reference/letters folder that's inside the home partition
"employ"?

And to my ultimate question: considering the following scenario: if I
want to run something that's in /usr or /bin whatever stores
NON-Windows programs, will making a Symlink help?