[Wine]How to access the root of a drive?

Thom Hehl thom at nowhereatall.com
Sun May 22 09:27:49 CDT 2005

OK, I didn't know how to search for this, so I thought I'd send in a
post and see what happens.

I'm trying to install some shrink-wrap software from a CD. The author
thought that the way to handle drive names was simply to run from the cd
and use the root (i.e. "\") as the path so it will run off the current
drive.

This obviously causes a problem with Linux when you're running from
/media/cdrecorder. I read about remapping the drives, but this isn't a
fix because it doesn't code a drive, it simply uses the root of the
current drive.

Any ideas?

Thanks.