[Wine]Re: Wine on Macs ?

Emmanuel Charpentier charpent at bacbuc.dyndns.org
Wed May 25 13:26:59 CDT 2005

Andrew Neil Ramage wrote:
> Now that MacOS is Unix-based, can Wine be run on them ?

No way : Wine is an implementation of various Windows libraries under
Unix and Unix-like platforms. Therefore you need to use a platform
supporting Windows.

However, you might be interested by one of a few emulators projects
running under MacOSX : the older is bochs, but I have to say I have been
very impressed by QEMU. Even in "full emulation" mode, it is able to run
a complete installation of Windows NT quite decently (feels like a
PIII/1G while running on a monoprocessor PIV/3.2G). According to the
mailing lists, a MacOS version is good enough to doi the same.

HTH,

					Emmanuel Charpentier