[Wine]Re: Problem with InstMsiA.exe

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu May 26 05:02:46 CDT 2005

    Joachim> Am Mi, Mai 25, 2005 at 08:15:32 +0000 schrieb Uwe Bonnes:
    >> Dennis Meulensteen <dennis at meulensteen.nl> wrote: > Joachim, > I
    >> downloaded the file and it's working now. I'll be sure to recommend >
    >> using winetools as the only feasible way for an ordinary user to
    >> install > IMatch!
    >>
    >> If you have doenloadable applications that work fine with native
    >> MSVCRT and not with builtin msvcrt, please let wine-devel know.

    Joachim> As WineTools uses the native one I can not directly tell you,
    Joachim> but when the next Wine version will emerge in binary format
    Joachim> (20050524) I will test it with WineTools with the builtin one.

Hallo,

some other ideas for winetools:
- create the links to the drives inside ~/.wine as relative pathes.
  That way, one  can move ~/.wine to some othe place and things should still
  work when specifying the right ~/.wine/config file
- create the links to "Programme" and such as "programme" withe a small
  starting letter. Helps with tab expansion

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de