[Wine] what is faster: wine20041019 or 0.9

Matthew L Reed matty at zootal.com
Wed Nov 2 11:04:26 CST 2005

Before 0.9, the UI with Wine and certain apps was much much slower -
unusably slower in some cases, so much so that I had to revert to the older
versions of Wine. Maybe a more important questions is, what has been done to
speed up 0.9? If it is as sluggish as previous versions, then it will not be
usuable for a lot of the things I'd like to do with it. What I don't know at
this time, is if it's the fault of Wine, or issues with the apps.

Example - run eMule. It is unbearably slow. Is it eMule, or Wine?