[Wine] Re: copy installed IE6 and MSWord to another machine

Jonathan Ernst Jonathan at ErnstFamily.ch
Thu Nov 3 13:14:26 CST 2005

Le jeudi 03 novembre 2005 à 18:34 +0100, Rauch Christian a écrit :
> Markus Winhard wrote:
> > Is there a way to simply copy all the Windows software I installed on
> > one machine to another machine?
> >

> I don't think so, or dou know every single registry key and dll or ocx
> of every software?
>
> Not every software has some sort of "disaster recovery" to recreate
> registry entries, as this is mostly done during
> install and so will fail.
> > At this time it's just IE6 and MSWord but there may be more Windows
> > software installed in the future...
> >

> I really don't think, that it will work with those 2, since IE makes
> many Changes to registry and dlls/ocx'es.
> Same wirh MSWord.
> > Markus Winhard
> >
> Christian Rauch

If you just copy your ~/.wine directory you'll have the whole registry
and files. I'm doing very often for testing purpose. Wine is self
contained, things are not flying around everywhere like on windows.
--
Jonathan Ernst <Jonathan at ErnstFamily.ch>