[Wine] what is faster: wine20041019 or 0.9

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Thu Nov 3 18:08:02 CST 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 23:19 +0100, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> --- Matthew L Reed <matty at zootal.com> a écrit :
> <...>
> >
> > Example - run eMule. It is unbearably slow. Is it eMule, or Wine?
> in this particular case, why not run some linux ed2k client ? (aMule ?)
>
> Kind regards,
> Sylvain Petreolle (aka Usurp)

aMule is missing some serious features at the moment.

As for the speed issue, I'm pretty sure it's not eMule and I wouldn't be
surprised if there was one little thing blocking stuff for a few seconds
making a whole lot of apps slow.  I've seen similar behavior in other
applications that have no reason taking such a long time to load up a
common window.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie