[Wine] Wine and ConquerOnline

Gustavo Tomazi Ludwig gtl.linux at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 06:40:48 CST 2005

Hello,

I'm using Linux for about two months now. Even before switching to Linux
I have heard of Wine.

I got my system running relativelly stable (I use Slackware 10.2,
kernel-2.6.14 and KDE 3.4), but still have some issues - sound being one
of them. But that's my problem.

I'd like to contribute to the wine project somehow. Perhaps starting as
a test user for some application. Then involving (as learn C) in solving
wine related problems.

I don't know if you're fammiliar to the online game Conquer Online
(www.conqueronline.com). It's a MMORPS (or something like that!). Built
only for windows. I have it now and all the .dlls it asks, but still I
can't run it.

I get this as I try to run the game:

gtl at MCLAREN:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Conquer 1.0$ wine ./Conquer.exe
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DImpl_CreateDevice (0x7d104bc0) Incomplete stub for d3d8
X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  143 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
  Serial number of failed request:  2154
gtl at MCLAREN:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Conquer 1.0$

I tried to post a message here before and no answers came back.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Gustavo