[Wine] Re: Re: [second try] How to masquerade as Administrator?

Jonathan Ernst Jonathan at ErnstFamily.ch
Fri Nov 4 12:17:51 CST 2005

Le vendredi 04 novembre 2005 à 11:06 +0200, xyzzy1 at hotpop.com a écrit :
> On Thursday 03 November 2005 23:52, Jonathan Ernst wrote:
> > Your smtp server is blacklisted, that's why you'll get problem when
> > sending e-mails.
> >
> > http://rbls.org/?q=212.235.21.109
> >
> > At list 6 rbls list your smtp server.
>
> Yes, but I am sending through hotpop's SMTP server (38.113.3.71) which is NOT
> listed.

[212.235.21.109]) by smtp-3.hotpop.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id
7D9DB1A45E88 for <wine-users at winehq.org>; Fri,  4 Nov 2005 09:06:29
+0000 (UTC)

Look at the last entry in your mail's headers. The firs smtp before
hotpop is the one that is listed.

> > Another problem is that you are not putting your name when sending your
> > e-mails and that makes amil server think it can be spam:
>
> Fair enough, but why did my "second try" get through without any name?

Spamassassin (and other spam detectors) give your mail a score based on
many things, if that score is more that the maximal score allowed, the
mail is rejected. So it might work sometimes and sometimes not (for
example it might work if only your mail server is listed and you don't
ahve your name, but if you have your mailserver blacklisted and no name
and write the subject in upper case, it won't. That's just an example by
the way).

What I mean is that you should make the mayimum to avoid being discarded
as spam.

1) first send your mail without using a blacklisted IP
2) put your name if you can

(I think the most important is n°1).
--
Jonathan Ernst <Jonathan at ErnstFamily.ch>