[Wine] Noise Ninja 2.10 vs. wine-0.9

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Sat Nov 5 23:58:10 CST 2005

Hi Kofa!
  Yes there are many experts (not me, I'm also just a person who tries to use
it with alternate success so maybe I've got some practical experience) that
can help You, but we need more info.
  It is not enough to tell "the program doesn't work". The problem should be
described more exactly, especially:
  1) Start the program from a shell and look for the console output. Normally
there are many warnings about function stubs and other, not every message is
fatal but some of them may indicate the problem. However, for example when
a wine debugger is started, it's a serious problem somewhere and the console
output is the most valuable thing. So what's there in Your case ?
  2) What does (or doesn't) the program do ? Please be more specific:
     - It even doesn't open its initial window.
     - It opens the window but crashes/freezes later.
     - It performs some basic interaction with an user but is otherwise unusable
       (describe why, what's wrong)
     - It almost works but something serious disables its regular usage
       (unable to save its results etc.)
  We are looking for some of the symptoms above. Maybe we can find where the
problem is and a real developer will then fix it much more quickly.
                      With regards, Pavel