[Wine] Noise Ninja 2.10 vs. wine-0.9

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Sun Nov 6 03:33:25 CST 2005

Hi Kofa!
  Yes, it's much better. Now we can see probable immediate cause of the crash:
> 0009:Call
> ntdll.NtCreateEvent(7b8eeaec,001f0003,7b8eeaac,00000001,00000000)
> ret=7bb51e7c
> 0009:Ret  ntdll.NtCreateEvent() retval=00000000 ret=7bb51e7c
> wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...
> Unhandled exception: page fault on write access to 0x00000000 in 32-bit
  I intuitively think that NtCreateEvent() returns zero, which means that it
failed for some reason; the program doesn't check for it, continues and crashes.
I'm classifying myself as a low-class Unix programmer; I know C and system
basics so I can write single apps. However, I'm absolutely untouched with
windoze programming, so I don't know what is the failing function supposed
to do, whether its input parameters are correct and why it has failed. However,
I hope it's a good starting point for a wine developer to answer these questions
and maybe find a fix. Now, I would try to wait for a moment, whether one of
developer doesn't answere spontaneously on this list, ane if not, I would try
wine-devel list.
              With regards, Pavel Troller