[Wine] networking issues

Steve Paras-Charlton steve at falchion.com
Tue Nov 8 15:07:58 CST 2005

Hello all,

I'm quite new to the list, but experienced in linux.  For the last several
months, I've been trying to get some basic things working in WINE (eg. Internet
Explorer).

I'm running Ubuntu (Hoary and Breezy), and debian (Sarge).  It appears that no
matter what version (20040615, 20041019, 20050310, 20050930, 20050725, 0.90) I
try to install (or build and install), I don't get any tcpip.  I've tried using
winecfg and wine-tools (various versions) to setup, but with no luck.

Applications appear to run ok in most cases, I just can't access the net.

Any and all comments would be appreciated,

Steve