[Wine] networking issues

Steve Paras-Charlton steve at falchion.com
Tue Nov 8 15:27:13 CST 2005

Quoting Walt Ogburn <reuben at ugcs.caltech.edu>:

> On Tue, 8 Nov 2005, Steve Paras-Charlton wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'm quite new to the list, but experienced in linux.  For the last several
> > months, I've been trying to get some basic things working in WINE (eg.
> Internet
> > Explorer).
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > Applications appear to run ok in most cases, I just can't access the net.
> >

> Hi Steve,
>
> Have you tried the Windows version of Firefox?  That works fine for me
> with a plain Wine installation (no Windows dlls).  I think Internet
> Explorer is more difficult.
>
> - Walter

I'll admit I haven't tried that yet, as the linux version of firefox works well
and I'm looking to access pages that don't render properly in anything but ie6.
 I'll give it a go, though to see if I get any further.

I should have mentioned above, that the ie6 installer (the one used by
winetools) does run, but complains that it can't reach the internet.

Steve