[Wine] networking issues

Steve Paras-Charlton steve at falchion.com
Tue Nov 8 17:29:08 CST 2005

Quoting Steve Paras-Charlton <steve at falchion.com>:

> Quoting James Hawkins <truiken at gmail.com>:
>
> > On 11/8/05, Steve Paras-Charlton <steve at falchion.com> wrote:
> > > Walt,
> > >
> > > Bless you for the *smack* on the head.  firefox has no issues accessing
> the
> > net
> > > over wine, so it's obviously not a general wine issue as I had thought.
> > >
> > > I still have to figgure out how to get InternetExploder running, but this
> > is a
> > > great step forward!
> > >

> > The first thing you have to do is use a native advpack.dll.  The
> > second part of the workaround is to register a native version of
> > inseng.dll like so:
> >
> > regsvr32 inseng.dll
> >
> > Then ie6setup.exe should work.
> >
> > --
> > James Hawkins
> >

> Awesome!  This has it installing like a charm. I should ask for help more
> often
> :)
>
> Thanks, James.
>
> Steve
>
> P.S.  I had to go find a copy of that dll in some temp dir in the fake
> windows,
> but it worked fine...

Hmmm.... I spoke too soon.  it installed, but when it tried to reboot, it fails,
and winedbg appears to fail due to lack of a library...

here's an excerpt of the messages:

fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
fixme:actctx:CreateActCtxW stub!
fixme:shell:StopWatchMode () stub!
fixme:shell:SHCreateShellPalette stub
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from
0x2 to 0x6
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from
0x2 to 0x4
fixme:shell:DllInstall TRUE L"\0001": stub
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0015), starting debugger...
err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"dbghelp.dll":
/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.3.4' not found (required by
/usr/lib/wine/dbghelp.dll.so)
err:module:import_dll Loading library dbghelp.dll (which is needed by
L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winedbg.exe") failed (error c000007a).
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for
L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winedbg.exe" failed, status c0000135
fixme:shell:DllInstall TRUE L"\0001": stub
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0018), starting debugger...