[Wine] networking issues

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 18:21:55 CST 2005

On 11/8/05, Steve Paras-Charlton <steve at falchion.com> wrote:

> > Awesome!  This has it installing like a charm. I should ask for help more
> > often
> > :)
> >
> > Thanks, James.

Great to here, no problem.

> > P.S.  I had to go find a copy of that dll in some temp dir in the fake
> > windows,
> > but it worked fine...

Yea that's what has to be done until we provide a skeleton
implementation if inseng.dll.

> Hmmm.... I spoke too soon.  it installed, but when it tried to reboot, it fails,
> and winedbg appears to fail due to lack of a library...

Have you tried to run IE even though the wineboot fails?

> here's an excerpt of the messages:
>
> wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0015), starting debugger...
> err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"dbghelp.dll":
> /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.3.4' not found (required by
> /usr/lib/wine/dbghelp.dll.so)
> err:module:import_dll Loading library dbghelp.dll (which is needed by
> L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winedbg.exe") failed (error c000007a).

Did you install wine via rpm, source, deb?  This sounds like wine is
expecting glibc 2.3.4 but isn't finding it for whatever reason.  What
distribution are you running, and on what hardware?  What is the
output of wine --version?

--
James Hawkins