[Wine] do I have to worry if executing an exe that may contain a virus under Wine? paranoia???

Liam Kurmos quantum_liam at yahoo.co.jp
Tue Nov 8 20:14:38 CST 2005

I was thinking about this the other day, i decided the only really
security danger would be if the sender knew i was running wine....

not very likely I think. but i got this mail to this address with just
the attachment info.exe. it's a public address, so nothing unusual. i
get them from time to time, lately from china. But this one was from the
mail address quantum_leap at liberto.it

I sent one back and didnt get a miss delivery. liberto seems to be an
italian portal.

the address was so similar to mine to made me stop. Did the virus manage
to run a dictonary, find a connection to my mail and then mail me? i
doubt it. could I easily decompile it and look at its system calls?

a coinsidence ??

I hex edited it. nothing I recognised.
I may play more with this on later.