[Wine] Warcraft 3

Christoph Schmid chris at schlagmichtod.de
Wed Nov 9 03:42:28 CST 2005

in my case it worked with the last version before 0.9 nearly perfect.
Didn't test it with 0.9 yet, had to deinstall WC3.
of course you have to use the -opengl - switch in the exe-file to get it
played properly. in Direct3d - mode even the menu on startup is too slow
to klick anything.

well, i also expierienced some short pauses, but not very often. fewer
the longer i played it seems.
I have 512MB RAM, Debian SID, 2,4GHZ P4 and Radeon mobility 9600 64MB.

well... perhaps it would be better keeping track of the circumstances
that lead to this "pauses" perhaps then they can be avoided.
maybe something with swapping?

greetings,
Ge0rgy