[Wine] do I have to worry if executing an exe that may contain a virus under Wine?

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 11:31:31 CST 2005

On 11/9/05, Hiji <hijinio at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I run Wine as a normal user, and I have no problem
> writing to Z: from within an application running via
> Wine.

You either have the permissions set up differently (seems unsecurely),
or you're writing to your own files.  Wine, as a user-level program,
can't give extra permissions and so it's not possible to write to
read-only files.  Try opening up notepad and editing and saving
z:\etc\vimrc.  Access denied.

--
James Hawkins