[Wine] Warcraft 3

Philippe Anctil z77y16 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 9 12:26:25 CST 2005

Hi,

I have installed WC3 inside a fresh c_drive. I doubt it is an install issue,
unless there is something else I should install next to WC3.

My CPU speed obviously makes that problem easier to spot. As for precise
circumstances, they are "clicking and selecting with a marquee". For
example, I always get a pause when selecting my workers at the beginning of
a game. Then I experience shorter pauses throughout the game. I believe they
always correspond to a click or selection (but not necessarily all clicks
and selections).

I will see if this is a swapping issue. I think I'm also going to do some
tests with 20031212 on RH9. From that point I'll be able to tell if the
problem really appeared in Wine.

Another bug I've seen a few times is a hang. The image on screen freezes and
the last bit of sound replays forever until I kill the game. Have you seen
that one? I thought it was related to music, but I've seen it occur with
music disabled no later than yesterday.

Last time I checked the application pages didn't appear to be modifiable.