[Wine] Native DLL's

Matt Henley nwmatt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 13:41:19 CST 2005

I apologise for writing if this is explained in the docs, however, the parts
that I read confused me and I couldnt find search as an option for the
mailing list archive.

I found in the apps database that some people have gotten RawShooter
Essentials working (Rawshooter Professional is another matter). In the
database it said that certain dll's should be set to native:

[AppDefaults\rawshooter.exe\Version]

"Windows" = "win2k"

[AppDefaults\rawshooter.exe\DllOverrides]
"shell32" = "native, builtin"
"oleaut32" = "native, builtin"
"ole32" = "native, builtin"
"rpcrt4" = "native, builtin"
"mscms" = "native, builtin"
"icm32" = "native, builtin"
"shlwapi" = "native, builtin"
"msvcrt" = "native, builtin"
I have Windows XP set up in vmware. I copied the above dll's to the .wine
system 32 directory and changed the DllOverrides in winecfg.

Once I do this, i cannot get even wine cfg to come up. I get errors in
shell32. Am I using the wrong version of the dll's? I also tried setting it
to winXP and got the same thing.

Thanks for any help
Matt Henley