[Wine] Macromedia Dreamweaver MX

Evil wine at eternaldusk.com
Thu Nov 10 16:17:59 CST 2005

Linux Girlie:  Try overriding 'msvcrt.dll' for Dreamweaver.exe with the
native Windows version.  I used to have that exact same problem until I
did that.

There does seem to be an unrelated regression in CVS affecting
Dreamweaver sometime within the last few weeks.  I 'm trying to move to
Nvu, so I'm not exactly sure of the day it started.  My regression
testing to identify it is not going to well either (gurus, please see
below).

When I start Dreamweaver now, I get symptoms similar to those Jo
described:  the splash screen never goes away, but the app does come up
in the background.  The app is, however, unresponsive.

I tried turning back the clock on my local source using 'cvs update -PAd
-D "2005-8-01 CDT"', cleaning, making, installing, even rebooting, and
retesting, but I got the same results.  Maybe I'm using the wrong
command or making a bad assumption that the CVS command would revert
patches like I thought it would (it did appear to patch a lot of files).

Coincidentally, I also tried Dreamweaver with a copy of the 11/5 CVS to
which I had applied Oliver's DX8 patches, and that version works fine!
I reversed the patches and retested and it was broken with the same
symptoms.  Now I'm kind of hoping that as his patches come in, it gets
fixed as a side effect.  :)

-Jesse