[Wine] Re: Wine error in a log file

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 17:35:56 CST 2005

> I run a program with WINEDEBUG=+relay,+ole,+variant,+typelib,+typelib2
> but I can't copy and paste the message error because is too long.

Use:

# WINEDEBUG=+relay,+ole,+variant,+typelib,+typelib2 wine app.exe >trace.log 2>&1

Order is significant, eg. >trace.log must come before 2>&1.

If it's still too big, you can limit the relay output by finding what
spams the most:

# WINEDEBUG=+relay wine app.exe >trace.log 2>&1
[ CTRL-C after a few mins ]
# awk -F'(' '{print $1}' < trace.log | sort | uniq -c | sort

Then, assuming that there's for example lots of kernel32 and ntdll
calls you don't want to see:

# WINEDEBUG=+relay wine app.exe 2>&1 | grep -vE "(ntdll.|kernel32.)" > trace.log