[Wine] Re: Re: [second try] How to masquerade as Administrator?

xyzzy1 at hotpop.com xyzzy1 at hotpop.com
Sat Nov 12 04:22:39 CST 2005

On Friday 04 November 2005 20:17, Jonathan Ernst wrote:

-- snip --

> What I mean is that you should make the mayimum to avoid being discarded
> as spam.
>
> 1) first send your mail without using a blacklisted IP

In this instance, I sent my mail using my email client (KMail) as an SMTP
**client** to Hotpop's SMTP server.  There is no way I can avoid having my
(blacklisted?) IP logged by Hotpop's servers.  Since this is a dynamic IP, I
can do very little about the blacklisting, considering that it happened
because of someone else (yes, I am sure my system is at least *that* secure).

There was no SMTP server on my machine making any connection.  But, I still
got zapped as spam?  That is bogus, too strict; throwing out the baby with
the bathwater.

> 2) put your name if you can

Even if I was to go along with that (which I don't), 99.9% of all spams have a
forged name as well as the email address, so why is that a criteria for spam?