[Wine] [third try] How to masquerade as Administrator?

xyzzy1 at hotpop.com xyzzy1 at hotpop.com
Sat Nov 12 04:25:17 CST 2005

My original thread got taken off-topic and seems to not want to get back

Does anybody have any ideas about my question?

Here's the original text of my question.  Thanks for any help.

Wine 0.9 installation.  I installed Internet Explorer using the manual
procedure in the applications database.

I then changed the version reporting to Windows 2000 using winecfg and then
went to http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com which went ok until I got a
"Must be Administrator".

I notice that there is a stub that is IsNTAdmin that seems to be returning 0.

Is there any way to be administrator on my own box with an installation that
is under my home directory (~/.wine)? Perhaps some sort of "runas" command?