[Wine] Re: Fedora Core 4 system lockup with wine 200506.. - 0.9.1

Rein Klazes wijn at wanadoo.nl
Sat Nov 12 02:37:57 CST 2005

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 15:58:19 -0500, in gmane.comp.emulators.wine.user
you wrote:

>Anyone have any ideas that could track down the cause of the lockups?
>You can't really debug much when the whole system locks up.  I have to
>hit the reset button to get things running again.  I have not
>experienced any other lockup issues running any other apps with this
>system for the past year.

Did you look in your /var/log files ?

As a very long shot you can try if the trouble comes from the default
audio driver that wine is choosing: around that time some important
changes in that area were made in wine.

Stop all wine processes;
edit your ~/.wine/system.reg and look for something like:
  [Software\\Wine\\Config\\Winmm] 1101586916
  "Drivers"="wineoss.drv"

Try changing "wineoss" to "winealsa", something else or even to "none".

Rein.