[Wine] Re: How to masquerade as Administrator?

cdr cedar at 3web.net
Sat Nov 12 18:02:17 CST 2005

Molle Bestefich wrote:
> Presumably the guy who is Administrator will want to run applications too.

If he does, he shouldn't wear his Admin hat.

> The user guy may also want to do some tasks that require privileges in
> the administrative domain...

Then he should put on the Admin hat.

> eg. on Linux that would be burning a CDROM,

...which is clerly an application. To assume that ordinary user should not
be allowed to use an I/O device is simply bad system design.

>>The brain deficit is in evidence when the user is
>>left in a quandry which of the two a given software component is.
>
> I don't follow you.

Loss of clear differentiation between the operating system and
the application software was first pushed on unsuspecting public by
Microsotft, then unfortunately adopted by Linux. *This* might have
looked like a good idea at the time...

cdr