[Wine] Re: Fedora Core 4 system lockup with wine 200506.. - 0.9.1

Rein Klazes wijn at wanadoo.nl
Sun Nov 13 02:25:24 CST 2005

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 11:39:42 -0500, in gmane.comp.emulators.wine.user
you wrote:

>>Stop all wine processes;
>>edit your ~/.wine/system.reg and look for something like:
>>  [Software\\Wine\\Config\\Winmm] 1101586916
>>  "Drivers"="wineoss.drv"
>>
>>Try changing "wineoss" to "winealsa", something else or even to "none".
>>
>>Rein
>>

>Thanks for the information.
>
>Nothing in the log files.
>
>I did not see an entry for Software\\Wine\\Config\\Winmm.  I did a grep
>-i Winmm of the system.reg file and I did not find anything.  I tried
>running winecfg but of course my system just locks up :).

Just add the two line snippet that I quoted to the end of the
system.reg. The idea is that wine will take the default driver
wineoss.drv if there is no such section. If that driver is causing
crashes or worse, some manual intervention is needed.

Rein.