[Wine] New instalation advice wanted

David Johnson johnson_d at cox.net
Sun Nov 13 22:27:17 CST 2005

Hello,

I am planning for the installation of a small network of computers for
an after-school type program.  There are many good reasons to use linux
for this, but many of the specific programs that we will want are
Windows apps (Okay, that was obvious since I'm writing on this forum).

So far, the most stable version I have used is 20050111.  Most of the
educational material I have tried to run under this version fails.

I have tried the current version, but it won't run Quicken at all.  If
it won't run Quicken it's of no use to me.

Are there any generic hints that aren't in the FAQ that you can pass on?

When we actually have equipment, would someone be willing to volunteer
some time to help us sort out problems as we install software?

Thanks in advance,
David Johnson